Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ:COST).
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don’t know. But when something this big happens with COST, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
So how do we know what this whale just did?
Today, Benzinga‘s options scanner spotted 14 uncommon options trades for Costco Wholesale.
This isn’t normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 42% bullish and 57%, bearish.
Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 4 are puts, for a total amount of $115,147, and 10 are calls, for a total amount of $472,038.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $230.0 to $500.0 for Costco Wholesale over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Costco Wholesale’s options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Costco Wholesale’s whale trades within a strike price range from $230.0 to $500.0 in the last 30 days.
Costco Wholesale Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Costco Wholesale Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 949,654, the price of COST is up 2.52% at $483.9.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock is currently neutral between overbought and oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 72 days.
What The Experts Say On Costco Wholesale:
- Baird has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Costco Wholesale, which currently sits at a price target of $535.
- Northcoast Research upgraded its action to Buy with a price target of $560
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Costco Wholesale, which currently sits at a price target of $520.
- Telsey Advisory Group has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Costco Wholesale, which currently sits at a price target of $540.
- Telsey Advisory Group downgraded its action to Outperform with a price target of $580
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Costco Wholesale, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.